Forums » Relationships

What are you looking for in an ideal relationship?

• 1 posts
    March 14, 2015 5:16 PM EDT

The title says it all. What are you looking for? What are some things that you will not tolerate (or just annoy you)?

Is there an aspect of a future relationship that you don't care about, or do you have strong preferences in everything?

• March 14, 2015 8:23 PM EDT

I am looking for someone with a good sense of humor and most importantly someone that I can trust and respect. Some of the things that are not tolerable for my future partner to have is to be judgmental and dismissive to others. Other than that, I'd like to think that I'm very open-minded and easy going.    

• 2 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:21 AM EDT

Functionality

There's no such thing as an ideal relationship, since relationships require compromises in each person's "old lifestyle" to compliment and fit the other person's needs. I'm going to first speak about "functionality" of a relationship, day-in and day-out function for a relationship to function in a complimentary manner. For men, they have to spend more time with their women as women who are neglected the attention they want can cheat to accomodate for the missing "quality" time.

For women, let men be a bit more independent as men work very efficiently when allowed to be unleashed. You'll find that if you let your men be free to be themselves, they'll respect you more and become more productive at the same time, but don't forget to integrity-check them now and then to keep them in line. Don't become too needy and hold back his potential if he has big goals, of course part of his goal list should be giving you sufficient attention and taking you with him wherever he goes, but it shouldn't be so much that he can't get anything critical done. It shouldn't sufficate his lifestyle just to fullfill your insecurities. Bottom Line: Men operate more efficiently and productively when allowed to be themselves.

With that being said, I prefer a woman that has the same if not better standards than I have (which is difficult to come by in this day and age). I've molded my character through decades of trial and error and have a solid foundation, now I want the person of the opposite sex to have near (or better) character. I don't want a "girl," I want a woman. I want a woman that is responsible, has integrity, high moral standards, goals, intelligence, and common sense. Every man wants a woman that can take care of him like his mother did. That's the "ideal" person for them when it comes down to relationships.

Looks can be deceiving and are only good for "making babies," but after the drug-effects of the initial attraction to looks wear off, then where will the relationshp be left standing? Functionality. Once all the lovey-dovey part of relationship's courting/ritual has dissolved, then what? How will you keep your interest in each other on a daily basis? This is the REAL question of a long-term relationship. What do you "foresee" in the long-run with the person you're about to hump? (instead of having lots of kids of course, but that has nothing to do with relationships and everything to do with procreation). Just keep in mind that a relationshp is a human ideology (hence the word: "ideal"), not an evolutionary instinct like physical attraction and procreation. Dang, my male-brained objectiveness just went over 9000!

• 1 posts
    August 17, 2015 11:23 PM EDT

someone i can talk to. one day she will be all wrinkled, fat and senile maybe. but i will always need this woman in my life. when i learnt to choose physical appeareance, beauty always lasts. and there will always be someone prettier. but it takes maybe 30 years to meet the one you can talk to and they want you. it's a fool decision not to treasure it. (but it doesn't mean i want the ugly one haha. physical appearance also important)

it doesn't matter even when you have language barrier (i've been there). you know that you match to each other. it's a natural thing. after all, body language shows more intention than what comes out from the mouth

how she handles kids

how she respects her parents

open minded religious view

how she handles money

and golden hair-blue/green eyes- shorter than me- white cutey (ideal right haha. not neccesary though :D. but all the above are the basic i guess. when one of them messed up, that would lead to a qualification of a divorce.

but when i'm commited to something, if things go out of line, usually i would try to fix them rather than leave them. hopefully when it comes to relationship, i will do the same.

the perfect one is to have all five stars in each preference. but that only happens in korean drama serial or walt disney's haha

for short term quick and easy relationship, they all dont matter haha

This post was edited by JOY77 at August 17, 2015 11:37 PM EDT
    • 1 posts
    January 17, 2016 12:26 PM EST

a friend, a partner, companionship, lover, sex (after marriage... a Filipino thing), a girlfriend and a wife material.

• 1 posts
    June 4, 2016 10:21 PM EDT
    A life partner that wants to enjoy and explore together. He is a non-smoker. He is a good communicator, verbally / emotionally affectionate, and enjoys many different kinds of food, travel, and spending quality time together.
    • 1 posts
    November 29, 2016 9:08 PM EST

I just want romance and passion. My literary crushes are John Willoughby and Marius Pontmercy lol. I don't care about intelligence, but like... we should be obsessed with each other. I still want someone with whom I could have intelligent conversations, though.